Dealing with dry and brittle hair? Or are you having trouble growing your hair? What about dandruff and hair loss? No need to spend money at a hair salon getting deep conditioners and hot oil treatments every two weeks. Did you know there are foods right in your kitchen you can use to help grow strong and healthy hair? Check out how coconut oil and eggs benefit your hair.
Probably one of the most popular food products that have been used to retain moisture and hair growth. Coconut oil is one of my go to products when my hair is feeling extremely dry. You can use it to even make your own DIY deep conditioners or as a hot oil treatments. Here are the benefits of coconut oil:
- Coconut oil stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles.
- Coconut oil promotes the scalp health fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff.
- Coconut oil moisturizes dry hair.
- Coconut oil adds luster, shine and softness to the hair.
- Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.
- Coconut oil slows down hair loss.
Heres some ingredient options you can add to make a DIY deep conditioner:
- Olive oil
If you didn’t know, your hair is made up of protein and is an important component to have to maintain healthy hair. Eggs are a great source of protein and nutrients that help rebuild your hair follicles. Now you may be thinking you don’t want to put eggs in your hair but check out the benefits!
- Lack of moisture is the reason why hair becomes dry. Applying egg on such hair can provide it the moisture it is lacking. The moisturization properties of eggs thus make the hair smooth and soft as if they were new.
- Prevention of hair breakage and repairing the damage sustained by them is also made possible by the nutrients present in eggs.
- Using eggs on hair can return their natural luster and shine with the help of the fatty acids they contain. People having hair that is hard to manage can be made a lot more manageable with the use of eggs.
- The loss of hair problems are taken care of by the vitamins A and E present in eggs. Besides, egg yolk which is rich in protein makes the hair follicles as well as the roots of hair strong so that they do not fall off easily.
- To help speed up the growth of hair, the vitamin B12 and sulfur present in egg yolk can prove to be very useful. It can make your hair thicker and increase its volume by a considerable amount.