Bloggers We Love is a place where we feature you! Every Sunday we will feature a new blogger’s website, social media handles, a few of your favorite looks, and a short interview. If you would like to be featured, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, short bio, and blog URL. Be sure to include “Bloggers We Love” in the subject line.
Name: Thaina Madere
I grew up appreciating all things fashion and beauty related and the blogging world provided an opportunity for me to share that with the world. I was hesitant for a few years for fear of what people would think of me. Many people in my circle don’t understand the purpose of being a fashion blogger and that’s ok. My sister and I decided we’d do what we love regardless of the opinions of others…that is when Secrets Des Soeurs was born.
2. What are your top 5 blogging tips?
- Find your voice and stick to it. People are drawn to individuality and uniqueness so be YOU, it’s the best you can offer the world.
- The love of blogging should be the number 1 reason you blog. Any other reason is a disservice to your brand.
- It’s important to be consistent. I struggle with this but it is it so necessary to be dependable for those who view your content.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. You’re not them and they’re not you.
- Every opportunity is not one beneficial to you. Only partner with brands that align with what you stand for, love and believe in.
3. How would you describe your style?
This question always gets me because I don’t really consider myself to have a set style. I’m a chameleon of sorts. I’m all for structural pieces, great prints and texture but in general I just like pretty things.
Just do it. Don’t get stuck in the comparison trap or become intimidated by the amount of other bloggers. None of us have your voice or can contribute to the community what you can so please, share your voice.
5. Do you have big plans for your fashion blog in the near future?
I still consider our blog fairly new. Our plans are to continue to grow, learn and love our journey! We’re definitely open to and excited about the new opportunities to come.
6. What are your favorite things to do outside of blogging?
Hiking! I live for being outdoors. I’m also a foodie so if I’m not at the beach, hanging with friends or hiking on my free time, I’m eating…preferably at a new restaurant with my boyfriend.