Bloggers We Love is a place where we feature you! Every Sunday we will feature a new blogger’s website, social media handles, a few of your favorite looks, and a short interview. If you would like to be featured, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, short bio, and blog URL. Be sure to include “Bloggers We Love” in the subject line.
Name: Seyi Famuyiwa
1. What drew you into fashion blogging world?
Initially it started off as something to do while I was looking for a job after graduation. I started back in 2012 and at the time, there were already quite a few bloggers out in the space but I don’t think I was that aware of them. I just enjoyed taking pics and being able to share where I usually went shopping at. But as time went on, I realized that I REALLY enjoyed the concept behind my blogging. Besides sharing outfit pics and details, it provided me the opportunity to inspire someone to be comfortable with what they are wearing, ya know. Being able to insert a little bit of inspirational advice tied in with my outfit details. And to this day I know that’s what sets me apart from the bunch lol
2. What are your top 5 blogging tips?
- Be consistent! Sometimes I struggle with this myself. But I am learning that I must be consistent with my posting in order to keep my followers entertained and coming back for more
- Be personal. It won’t hurt to get a little personal with your followers. I’m not saying share deep dark secrets but sometimes just opening up a little will have your followers feeling like they can relate to you outside of the clothes you wear.
- Have post scheduled…so let’s say you take a pic one day, you don’t necessarily have to post it that day, you can post the next day or the day after which gives you more wiggle room to take pics in between your posting days. That way, you have content lined up
- Nicely lit photos…Even if you’re taking them in your room, let some light reflect on you girrrrlll
- Make sure you update your Instagram! IG has become extremely useful for bloggers these days especially for myself. It’s an opportunity to give a little snippet of your posts and if your followers like what they see, they will go to your blog to get the full details
3. How would you describe your style?
Casual Chic. I’ve finally come to terms with that haha. I like to be comfortable but I like to look cute. And majority of the time, I’m just out and about, not really going to super fancy fancy dinners or anything like that so, my style reflects just that. Clothes you can wear to school, to work, your day off, girl’s day/night out…whatever!
4. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a fashion blog?
- Do it because you have a passion for it. Not for the popularity or the followers, or even the money
- Remain true to yourself! It is so easy, SO EASY, to get caught up in the whole blogging thing that you almost feel that in order to be “great” you have to emulate another person. Realistically, that won’t work. What works for them won’t always works for you.
- Start now! If you feel that you want to do it, then just do it. I started off with a regular ole digital camera *plays Drake’s “Started from the Bottom” in the background* which eventually broke at some point. So I was taking pics on my iPhone…not the best quality haha buuuttt I was like man, not having a camera isn’t going to stop me.
5. Do you have big plans for your fashion blog in the near future?
I doooooo! I am thinking of a project to hopefully execute next year once I graduate from business school. Using In Fashion I Trust as a platform to aid young women dealing with self esteem issues. I am a firm believer that when you have faith that things will work out, they always do. It’s exciting and I am excited for what’s to come.
6. What are your favorite things to do outside of blogging?
Shop! Haha go figure right. But I also enjoy cooking. I’m no master chef but I do enjoy trying out new recipes. I also enjoy videography/photography. Now that I have a DSLR it’s allowed me to play around with my camera and shoot some videos for friends and take pictures of them.