Bloggers We Love is a place where we feature you! Every Sunday we will feature a new blogger’s website, social media handles, a few of your favorite looks, and a short interview. If you would like to be featured, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, short bio, and blog URL. Be sure to include “Bloggers We Love” in the subject line.
Name: Katerina Vysokovskaya
1. How did the interest of fashion develop in your family?
Fashion affection is a hereditary phenomenon in my family. My mother is a designer and stylist, she had a French menswear boutique in the center of Moscow. It was a luxurious place and a lot of Russian and international celebrities visited the boutique. For example, one of the clients was a producer of Michael Jackson. Willy-nilly, this environment influenced me and raised my attraction to fashion.
2. What was the most unforgettable experience you’ve had when traveling around the world?
Traveling is my most beloved thing in the world. I have been to more than 20 countries in Europe and Asia. Every trip is very special to me because I go to the countries I really love and enjoy exploring. One of my most favorite places in the world in Monaco. Last Summer I had an opportunity to visit this tiny state, which is so beautiful, refined and historically rich.
3. As a fashion student at the Fashion institute of Technology in New York, what advice would you give to someone who wants to break into the fashion industry as well?
I think that in order to break into the fashion or any other industry successfully and with confidence, a person should always start with study process. Patience and persistence are another two important things.
4. After starting Beauty Mark Lady how has it changed your life?
BeautyMarkLady gave me an opportunity to walk into another world, to meet so many talented people and friends, to change my lifestyle and to open the gates towards creativity.
5. Where do you see yourself in the fashion industry in 2 years?
I am a bit superstitious and I usually avoid to speak about future plans. However, I can say that I will strive to go forward in the fashion industry.
6. Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
It depends. Sometimes I am doing shopping and suddenly see a piece of clothing that I like. I start building an outfit around this piece and do it a focal point. Another time I can be inspired by a book, movie or art.