Bloggers We Love is a place where we feature you! Every Sunday we will feature a new blogger’s website, social media handles, a few of your favorite looks, and a short interview. If you would like to be featured, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, short bio, and blog URL. Be sure to include “Bloggers We Love” in the subject line.
Name: Chaunie Gay
Blog: Southern Fashion Doll
1. What brought you into the fashion blogging world?
I have had a love for fashion since I was 5 years old. I never liked to play on the playground with the other kids because I didn’t want to get my cute outfit dirty. I have always cared about my appearance because I feel it speaks for you before a conversation even gets started. Fashion is my 1st love! It was only right that I started a fashion blog and shared my love for fashion with the world!
2. Did you ever think you would become so passionate about it?
I have always been a high spirited gal with lots of passion for whatever I put my mind to! I love blogging and styling others to look their best!
3. What inspires your looks for the day?
Well you know I live in Texas, so that all depends on the weather lol! But mainly it’s how I feel when I wake up in the morning. Sometimes I get inspired by my favorite celebs such as Kim Kardashian or Tracee Ellis Ross. But mainly it’s a feeling I have inside, 9 times out of 10, the feeling works out lol!
4. What are your top 5 fashion blogging tips?
- Never compromise your style for others!
- You can wear white all year round!
- Don’t be afraid to mix prints! Floral and polka dots can work together!
- Always stay true to who you really are!
- Always dress to impress like you’re gonna run into your ex-boyfriend!
5. Do you have big plans for your fashion blog in the near future?
I have lots of future plans and ideas, but I don’t want to jinx anything lol! Just stay tuned into the blog and you’ll find out soon!
6. What are your favorite things to do outside of blogging?
In my free time I love to watch Scandal episodes, old and new lol! I am pretty obsessed with the show and Kerry Washington!