Bloggers We Love is a place where we feature you! Every Sunday we will feature a new blogger’s website, social media handles, a few of your favorite looks, and a short interview. If you would like to be featured, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, short bio, and blog URL. Be sure to include “Bloggers We Love” in the subject line.
Name: Alyssa Lenore
Blog: Styled & Smitten
Facebook: Alyssa Lenore
1. What drew you into the fashion blogging world?
As a little girl, I always loved getting dressed up. My mom would tell me how as a little girl, I constantly changed outfits just because I wanted to, so I suppose fashion has been in my personality all along. After moving from the Philippines to New York City when I was 8, fashion took a whole new meaning, especially after working and attending college in Manhattan. My surroundings just constantly inspired me every single day and I documented that through my social media accounts. I got a great response from followers and from there, decided to start blogging about my style.
2. What are your top 5 blogging tips?
- Always ALWAYS photograph in natural light. It just looks the best.
- Don’t try to fit into someone else’s style. Take inspiration from others here and there, but try to find your own personal style as well.
- Be consistent. Don’t blog one week and abandon it for a long amount of time. You just have to keep at it and good things will come your way.
- Be confident. If brands see how you carry yourself so well, they’ll want someone like you representing their product.
- Keep an open mind. Be open to trying new things, experimenting styles. You never know what you’ll end up loving unless you’ve given it a shot.
3. How would you describe your style?
I would say my style is pretty girly with a slight edge to it. I’ll pair a lace and delicate top with some tough leather leggings. I don’t think my style is too feminine or too edgy so I like to think I fall somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.
4. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a fashion blog?
Just go for it! Take what you love and write about it, take photos in an outfit that makes you feel great about yourself and represents your personality.
5. Do you have big plans for your fashion blog in the near future?
I’m going with the flow. Of course I have high hopes for it. It’s already taken me farther than I could have imagined after just starting a little less than a year ago and I am so blessed for that. All I know is that I want to keep inspiring others to celebrate themselves through fashion, finding their personal style, etc. I know that I’m definitely going to keep blogging for a very long time.
6. What are your favorite things to do outside of blogging?
I love spending time with my family, grabbing brunch with friends, exploring the city with my boyfriend (on the hunt for a good location for blog photos included), traveling, and taking naps in the middle of the day. Did I mention brunch? Brunches are my favorite.